Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Smile :)

I'm going to use my first blog entry to give Mrs. Myra Kushon a huge, huge,
THANK YOU!
Without all of Myra's guidance, friendship and knowledge, I wouldn't be sitting here today thinking I should take your time (or mine for that matter) to share some of my favorite photos. This is me and Myra (at her bachelorette party, although I wish she wore a boa everyday!)

How it all started?! Myra got married to her wonderful hubby Tim, on August 31, 2008, (Happy Early Anniversary). On their wedding day, they asked if I would take some pictures from the sidelines with Myra's new Canon SLR. I had never used such a fancy camera and the fact that the soon-to-be Kushon's trusted me with such a valuable piece of equipment was overwhelming (especially considering my "normal" behavior at weddings, we won't get into that here). Long story short, I now believe in love at first site. True story, I fell head over heels in love with Myra's camera.

Here are some of the photos I took on Myra and Tim's special day:



When I returned home from Pittsburgh, I told my parents all about how I had fallen in love at Myra and Tim's Wedding. They started getting REALLY excited about the possibility of grandchildren in the near future, I quickly shifted their focus to an upcoming holiday and prime gift giving opportunity. Christmas 2008 sloowwwly came and sure enough, I was a good girl (as if that was even a question), and Santa rewarded me with my very own Canon Rebel! I think I took close to 500 pictures within the first 3 hours of having the camera. My perfect little redheaded (at the time 2 year old) godson Aiden James learned that a camera would be in his face for the rest of his life.

Meet Aiden on Christmas 2008:

As it stands today, nearly a year has passed since I discovered my love and passion for photography. I have started this blog as a way to share some of this love with you. I truly hope that my photos bring you the happiness that they bring to my life on a daily basis. I will try to pick some of my favorite photos from the last year to post over the next few weeks. I also have some fun photo shoots with Renee/Pete and Katherine/Pat scheduled, so I can get some practice with my new EF 50mm/f1.4 before I photograph (with Myra) my first official Wedding Gig on October 17th!!


3 comments:

  1. Yay so happy you have a blog! Can't wait for October!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you babe!! i didn't realize you fell in love with photography at Myra's wedding..i thought you already knew all about cameras and stuff cause you did such a graet job!! looking forward to seeing more on your blog...love ya!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth Anne: Great pictures. I need to get Dad to buy me a nice camera now so we can "work" together! I miss this guality. The pictures of Myra's wedding are beautiful. Love you special. xoxox Mom.

    ReplyDelete